Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hair/Beauty Inspiration



 

^^^
Eva Green in Kingdom of Heaven

Amy Winehouse
Helena Bonham Carter

Le Happy
Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen
---------------------------------------------------





^^^
Mary Kate Olsen




^^^
Cassie (character from UK tv programme Skins)

I'm in desperate need (feel like a bit of an idiot saying that when there's people living in poverty around the world who are actually desperate...but you know what i mean) of a shopping trip at the moment and wardrobe sort-through, i either don't wear alot of my clothes or wear them too much and they have gaping holes in them that i'm too lazy and unskilled to sew together. I have, however, also been looking at the hair/makeup looks of various people for inspiration with my own. I'm looking to people with hair a bit like mine (brown, long and curly/wavy) hence the first lot of photos with Eva Green, Amy Winehouse etc for inspiration. I love the dramatic, romantic & dishevelled half up half down do, although whether or not my disobedient mass of hair would stay in position and look half decent is a different matter. I love Helena Bonham Carter's style; she comes across as some eccentric, eclectic, somewhat unhinged (though in the best possible way) goddess, and i always think she looks great. I've also long-wondered why Amy Winehouse opted for that silly beehive when she looked so great with long, black tumbling locks. I thought Eva Green looked dangerous and exotic in Kingdom of Heaven, plus she's relatively pale like me so it's a realistic (though perhaps OTT) look to try. Though being reluctant at first (due to her & her sister's cheesy acting background), i'm now a big fan of Mary Kate Olsen's style. I reckon it's about time i bought a red lipstick a la Mary Kate & Cassie and play to my strengths with my pale skin, despite the difficulty to resist picking up the orange bottle of fake tan (always ends in a streaky disaster with me) in this leg-bearing weather we're currently experiencing in England.

Lots of love
Lucy
 x
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My laptops been down with a bad case of spyware over the past few days, i only managed to get rid of it a few hours ago. It wouldn't even let me go on the internet - annoying when i've been wanting to do a few posts with my free time :( Heads up to anyone who may experience the same problem in the future: if 'XP Anti-Virus 2011' or anything with a similar name pops up on your computer telling you you've got so many infections on your comp and the only option is to pay for this software to get rid of it (sounds obviously dodgy i know but it actually looked half legit at first) do not do anything of the sort. Get on another computer and go to this webpage and follow the instructions. It's the best removal guide that i could find and sorted my laptop out completely (touch wood!). The software it recommends in step 2 was great in cleaning up any remaining malware after the main monster was gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment