Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Patterned tights

I bought something from Ebay for the first time yesterday. Well okay it was two things. I'm always on it checking out vintage dresses etc, but have never actually bought anything - i just have a huge watch list. The first time i decided to bid on something, i lost, and got so worked up and excited about it, it was actually slightly worrying. I swore violently at the computer screen, cursing the person that beat me to the post and calling them a rich bitch, even though they probably only bid a pound more than me or something :S. So you can imagine how elated i was when i won both an Urban Outfitters dress and a pair of Anna Sui tights last night. I feel an addiction coming on! Ever since coming across the gorgeous image below, i've been on the look out for some funky/floral tights.


I was on the Urban Outfitters website the other day and spotted this pair of white tights with flowers on. They're so sweet! I buy from Urban Outfitters quite frequently, but i've never bought anything that wasn't in the sale. There's always one on in one corner of the upstairs of the shop in Manchester, so i skip the rest of the shop and go straight there. I think it's a bit overpriced otherwise. Anyway these are £12, which by my standards is a bit expensive for a pair of tights, i'd be so scared of getting holes in them!



I'd noticed a pair of Anna Sui tights on the Urban Outfitters website a while ago, so the other day i looked to see if there were any going on Ebay, and there were! I bought these blue and white patterned tights for £4.99, as i was the only bidder.


Whilst having a look at the Drifter & the Gypsy blog today, i noticed that the girl that writes it owns these aswell, and featured them in this article/spread (or whatever it is) that she was asked to do for a magazine. They're in the bottom right, largest image.


I did a bit of recreational research into Anna Sui and her lovely hosiery, here's a few images.



I like the outer two pairs on this image, but not so much the two in the middle...

A post on the blog Oh Ella has reminded me to look for a cheap pair of bright red tights aswell. Nommy nommy nom nom.

I realise after having now written this post that i may have thrown a spanner in the works for myself should i decide to bid for more of these tights in the future. If anyone reads this and likes them too i may be in for some competition. Maybe it's a blessing that this blog isn't very popular, although i'm very grateful to having gained my first 9 followers after posting for just a month! As ungrateful as this may sound, i have been waiting for a 10th to write an official thankyou to everyone for the support. But it's not happened yet so thankyou to everyone that's following my blog! It is very much appreciated :).

Lots of Love
Lucy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment