Thursday, June 16, 2011

DHL makes me buy scary books

Current reading, while waiting for the next ones to arrive.
Mi lectura actual, mientras espero que lleguen los siguientes.

From the author of the decor8 blog, you guys!
De la autora del blog decor8, os suena?

I wasnt particularly interested in the story but a very good friend of mine told me how she loved it and I couldnt resist. Have you read it?
No estaba muy interesada en la historia pero una muy buena amiga me la recomendó y no me he podido resistir. La habéis leído?

She is not very famous in Spain but the book had very good reviews in Amazon and I wanted something funny...
Ella no es muy conocida en España pero tenía muy buenas críticas en Amazon y quería un libro divertido...


And although this is a "young science fiction" collection, I have the feeling is going to be a guilty pleasure, as Twilight, true Blood and Harry Potter were.
Y aunque esta serie esta considerada para jóvenes amantes de la ciencia ficción, creoq ue va a convertirse en un pequeño placer como en su día lo fueron Crepúsculo, Harry potter o la serie de True Blood.

See, the danger of DHL and the Spanish Postal Service not doing their job well is that, after two days without any book in my hands, I found Stephen King's short stories "Just After Sunset" for 2.95 euros (if you happen to be in Barcelona, in the Formiga d Or bookstore in portal del angel, there is a huge selection of novels in English for that price) .
And while waiting for the other 4 to arrive, I think Im gonna spend the next subway rides and the next nights in our couch scared as a baby. For those of you who dont know, I never, ever (ever) watch scary movies and I dont think I've ever read any Stephen King novel or short story before, but a hardcover for 3 bucks with no news of my amazon order...it was meant to be.

El peligro de que ni DHL ni correos hagan su trabajo como deberían es que después de estar dos días sin un libro en mis manos, he encontrado unos relatos cortos de Stephen King con el título de "Justa after Sunset" por 2.95 euros (por cierto si a alguien de Barcelona le interesa, en la Formiga d Or de Barcelona, en portal del Angel tienen una selección de libros en inglés por ese precio) . Así que esperando a que llegue mi pedido de amazon, voy a pasarme los trayectos de metro y las noches en el sofá seguramente muerta de miedo. Para aquellos que no lo sabéis, yo nunca (nunca, nunca) veo pelis de miedo ni siquiera he leído algun libro de Stephen King anteriormente, pero el precio y el estar sin ningun otro...pues he caído en la tentación.

UPDATE: and of course, once Im 25 pages into the new book...the other 4 arrive.
Excited but with an innner conflict to drop or not to drop Mr King's shorts stories... AAAAAGH.... (not a chance, once I start a new book I always always finish it. Its a challenge. Its personal. And yes, Im THAT weird)

No comments:

Post a Comment