Monday, June 13, 2011

Hermenegildo Anglada Camarasa

Quick post as i wanted to share some images of the work of this Spanish artist who lived from 1871-1959. I came across him on the blog Large Size Paintings. I don't know how popular he is but i certainly hadn't seen his work before. I instantly fell in love with it - i thought he was like the Spanish Klimt. I've just looked at the Wikipedia page for him (it's not very big) and it says the same thing! Here's what it says:

His work was also marked by the intense colors which presaged the arrival of Fauvism. Lively brushwork reveals strong Oriental and Arabic influences. Allied with the Vienna Secession movement, his decorative style draws comparison to Gustav Klimt. One of his most important works is a portrait of Sonia Klamery. He died in Pollença, on the island of Majorca.










I've been lazy with this post and not spent ages looking around for the titles of the individual works. I found them all on Google images though. Do have a look yourself if you like these as there's alot more paintings than the ones i've shown in this post! 

Lots of love
Lucy
x

No comments:

Post a Comment