Sunday, January 16, 2011

LIFE

I had two exams last week - philosophy on wednesday and history on thursday. Ever since then i've been completely drained and just trying to sleep and get rid of this headache that won't go away. I couldn't be bothered writing about anything until now, when i'm supposed to be writing an essay for philosophy and answering a load of questions on John Keats' 'The Eve of St Agnes'. I've not done much yet and they're in tomorrow...well ok they were supposed to be in over a week ago but i think my teachers are used to it by now haha :/ I'm starting to embrace the fact that i am just a terrible student. I actually can't do work that i'm supposed to do as i find it all so boring and pointless. I can only do stuff that i'm not supposed to be doing and find that an infininetly more productive and valuable use of my time. I can't wait to just leave school and either go to uni (doing something that i actually want to do - history of art) or if that plan falls through, which at this rate is highly likely, i'll go explore the world :D. But ANYWAY...just felt like writing a post about random things to get my creative juices flowing.

RAIN

It's rained all day today. Not really unusual seeing as i live in Manchester, but i still love it. I find it so refreshing. I always feel like it intensifies emotions - whether they're positive or not - and gets rid of all the traces of mundanity in them. I feel free - like i can finally relax. I love to be in the rain - either soaking wet or completely covered and listening to all the drops thumping on the hood that's covering my head. I love to be inside and watching it just washing the world. I love it in winter when it's freezing cold and if you've got nothing to cover your head, you get this huge headache because it's so cold. Or in summer - i love walking around our garden (which is already practically a swamp) barefoot, sinking into the warm puddles. I love when it thunders and when the sky is so dark and the clouds are so huge it looks like they could come crashing down upon the houses at any moment. And as clichéy as it may be, i always love it in films when it's absolutely chucking it down with rain...

Pride and Prejudice (as if you didn't know!)

I wish i could find a better screenshot of the rain scene in Castaway, but this was all i could find :(
I've never understood why everyone loves it when the rain stops and the sun comes out. I really don't like it when the tarmac of the road is all dark and reflecting this bright light coming from the sun. I suppose it can be better when you're out in the countryside though...

Yucky!
I love looking up rain photography - here's some of my favourites that i've found. Some aren't professional at all, i just love the whole scene.Sorry i can't credit them or anything. I don't know if you're supposed to but i'm rubbish at keeping track of where i get everything anyway - my organisational skills are abysmal.






OK so it's not raining, but the title was 'slightly after the rain', and it's so beautiful...
Sometimes when i'm on my computer i listen to recordings of rain instead of music. It's just so relaxing...



 I often associate 'Delicate' by Damien Rice with rain. I don't know why...


So, happy rain times to you! :P

Lots of love
Lucy
x






No comments:

Post a Comment