Thursday, January 6, 2011

Delphin Enjolras

Today i've been introduced to Delphin Enjolras through Dash and her blog 'The French Sampler'. She had a picture of his, 'Young Woman Reading By A Window', on the right hand side of her page and i just thought it was so beautiful. I had a look at more of his paintings on google images and there all soo beautiful! (sorry i'm somewhat lacking in adjectives today - really tired, can't sleep much at the moment :S plus they are just beautiful) I found it really interesting that he seems to have lamps in virtually all of them, he obviously loved the effect light could have in a scene. Not being much of an artist myself (i was as a child/younger teenager, but my 'skill' seemed not to develop after this point haha), it's easy to look at artwork and never really being able to feel on any similar level with the artist as i admire their talent so much, i can't get past it to form as many thoughts of my own as i would like. But i found it comforting in a way to see that this guy had such a fascination with light. Fascination seems to me a very human thing to have, and i feel a bit less intimidated by him even though he's such a brilliant artist.
Young Woman Reading By a Window - Delphin Enjolras


The Muse of Autumn - Delphin Enjolras
Can't find the title of this painting! :( - Delphin Enjolras
I also noticed that Dash has included a Giovanni Boldini painting. I encountered him a few months ago and really love 'La Femme En Rouge'. I just find it so full of expression and emotion. I showed it to my sister who fell in love with it immediately aswell.
La Femme En Rouge - Giovanni Boldini


Lots of love
Lucy 
x



No comments:

Post a Comment